CIS Window Cleaning were requested by their client to provide a full internal and external window cleaning service to include high level beam dusting for Edinburgh Airport – as the initial clean when the contract started.
Utilising good contacts within the industry we were able to have 2 of our vans delivered to site along with three different MEWPS to ensure we had everything covered.
Areas of work included –
- External walkways and PVC canopies – requiring washing and all green algae removed.
- External entrance glass canopy and framework – including high level windows above the entrance canopy – using CIS Truck Mounted Boom.
- Airside window and canopy cleaning to the International Arrivals area and external windows to departure lounges.
- Internal high level window cleaning above entrance areas using Hinowa Spider.
- High level windows and ledges that included the use of a Genie machine to avoid the consistent use of ladders.
- Internal high level beam and frame cleaning to windows and ledges above entrance and critical search area for airport entry – using Dragonfly system with specifically adapted cleaning tools.
Machines Required & Operated
- Multitel 225X Truck Mounted Boom - external high works
- Hinowa 14.9m Spider – internal high level works
- Genie GR26 – internal first floor high ledges
This contract meant we were required to provide staff who are fully vetted, hold their GSAT certification and who hold an Edinburgh Airport Full ID to allow access to all areas of the airport.
Full RAMS and Airside / Lanside Permits had to be cleared before any work could commence.